Here at Six Ticks we are not afraid to admit that when it comes to weird and wonderful facts and stats we are supergeeks - especially when they are about technology!
So today we thought we'd share some of our favourite facts about mobile phones, courtesy of www.factslides.com:
- - Your mobile phone has more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969!
- - In 1983 the first mobile phones went on sale in the US for almost $4,000 each!
- - Apple sold 340,000 iPhones per day in 2012
- - Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles - ew!
- - In Japan 90% of mobile phones are waterproof because youngsters even use them in the shower
- - Scientists have developed a way of charging mobile phones through urine
- - The first mobile phone call was made in 1973 by Martin Cooper a former Motorola inventor
- - Nomophobia is the fear of losing your phone or being without a signal
- - Over 250 million of the classic Nokia 1100 phone were sold making it the most popular gadget in history - ah, how we miss a good game of 'Snake'
- - 100,000 mobile phones are dropped down the toilet in the UK every year; I have to admit I was one of those 100,000, my iPhone met a watery grave
- - The average person unlocks their mobile device 110 times per day
- - Mobile phone throwing is an official sport in Finland
- - In 2015 more people died taking selfies than by shark attacks
See the trend? We're obsessed with these mobiles. So what is your businesses mobile strategy? Click here to take advantage of a free review to find out how your business can tap into this obsession.