Did you know that there are 40,000 Google searches a second?!
As Google is often the first place we go to find anything and everything, it's important that your business has a Google Business Account, complete with a link to your website (see our web design services), which is verified and optimised.
It's free to set up, and a verified complete account will make it easier for your customers to find you. Plus you'll stay one head above of those competitors who aren't so Google savvy!
Setting up a Google Business Account
It's super easy to set up, verify, and update a Google Business Account so here's a simple step-by-step guide:
Head to www.google.com/business. You'll need to have a regular Google account to create a Google Business Account.
- Click on the green start button.
- Search the map for your business. If you can't find your business add the address manually.
- Click continue.
- Confirm that you manage the business by agreeing to the terms and conditions and clicking continue.
- Next is a key part of process where you need to verify your business. Google usually do this by sending you a postcode with a verification code to the business address you have entered. By verifying your business, your business information will be eligible to appear across Google, including Search, Maps, and mobile.
- To request your postcode click the mail option.
- The postcard will arrive at the business address you have registered.
- When you have the postcard visit www.google.com/verifymybusiness and enter the special code which appears on the card.
- You can immediately start adding your business details to your www.google.com/business account. Make sure you add your website.
- Make sure you add as much info as possible including pictures, contact details, opening hours and the services you offer.
If you'd like some further info on Google Business here's a handy tutorial:
A Few Helpful Tips:
- When entering your keyword/categories to your Google Business listing make sure they closely reflect what your business does and what google users will search for when looking for your business. Don't overthink them. Keep them simple and keep them clear so that Google knows exactly what it is your business does. If you need help with this, please contact us.
- Encourage your customers to submit google reviews and reply to any reviews posted. Share the link to google reviews with your customers and encourage them to give feedback as this can help to boost your free listing.