Everybody builds websites nowadays and often self-build websites can, on the surface, look almost as good as professionally built websites.
So wanted to take a moment to talk about something super important, but is often ignored when it comes to web design – coding!
No, wait - stay with us. This stuff is important!
Why Website Coding Matters
Statistics suggest that over 100,000 web sites are launched globally every day, and the average person visits 89 websites per day! In an overwhelmingly competitive marketplace, you need to make sure your website is up there with the best. So it’s time to think about what’s going on behind the scenes.
There are so many aspects to SEO that you need to consider, but one which is often forgotten is the most important – the coding. The way a website is coded and functions behind the scenes is one of the biggest factors in SEO rankings but is strangely often ignored by web designers and SEO ‘experts’.
Coding is important because it’s the only part of your website that search engines and social media sites can see. It is a very large chunk of what determines how quickly your site loads (which directly affects visitors) and it is the difference between your website working and potential customers leaving your site. You can tell if your website is coded well by using these free tools:
- FREE Six Ticks review: Get us to do the hard work!
- W3C Validator: This tells you if your page has any errors.
- Google PageSpeed: A really good indicator of coding standards.
- Many web designers use templates, open source software, or simply use other people’s code. If you do this, you are already fighting an uphill battle with Google.
- Six Ticks don’t just design websites, we build them, and we provide innovative integrated solutions that revolutionise businesses. We know our code is of the highest quality, because we regularly check our sites against up-to-date coding standards, using tools provided by search engines such as Google and Bing. Plus, our sites get results! Our clients pull in more leads by simply moving their site over to us!
Web Design, Shropshire
If you’d like to find out more about our SEO friendly, custom built websites, and why coding counts, get in touch with our team. You can also find out more about your website’s online performance and digital profile, by requesting a free, no-strings-attached digital review.